We’ve all seen them on the side of the road. We’re on our way to work and see a car on the side of the road. They’ve clearly been hit from behind. This could be at a red light or in bumper to bumper traffic. When it comes to a rear end car accident, everybody knows the rear driver is almost always at fault. But, why is this? Why do we just assume that the rear driver did something wrong?
For the most part, it’s common sense. The rear driver has the best possible chance to avoid a rear end collision. He is the one with the last clear chance to prevent the accident from happening. He can see what’s going on much better than the front driver. He can usually avoid the crash by hitting his brakes or slowing down.
This is why, when it comes to fault, the rear driver is usually held accountable. Insurance companies know and so do attorneys. When there’s a rear end collision, there’s a good chance the rear driver’s insurance company will settle the claim.
If you’re involved in a rear end car accident, you really should call a Las Vegas car accident attorney. He can make sure the other driver is held accountable. He’ll work hard to get you the compensation you deserve.
What Causes Rear End Collisions?
Most rear end car accidents could’ve been avoided. If people just paid enough attention to the road and less attention to their phones, we’d have a lot less rear end collisions. This is because most rear end accidents are caused by negligence.
Negligence just means that one of the drivers didn’t behave the way they should. As a result, you were injured. In order to prove negligence, your car accident lawyer in Las Vegas has to show the following:
- The defendant owed you a duty of care – This is easy to prove. All drivers owe other people on the road a duty of care. They have to follow all traffic laws and use common sense when driving.
- They breached this duty – This is the hardest part of your case to prove. Your Las Vegas auto accident lawyer has to prove that the defendant did something that specifically breached his duty of care.
- You were injured – As long as you go to the hospital, you should be able to prove you were injured.
- Your injuries were caused by his breach – Unless some intervening act came along and caused your injuries, this element should be pretty easy to prove.
Most rear end accidents are caused by negligence on the part of the rear driver. It’s usually the result of the rear driver being distracted or just not paying attention. Some of the common causes of rear end accidents are:
- Distracted driving
- Texting and driving
- Mechanical failure
- Drunk driving
- Careless driving
If the defendant is guilty of any of these things, your Las Vegas car accident attorney will prove it.
What Kind of Damages Can Your Las Vegas Car Accident Attorney Demand?
If you get into a rear end car accident, you’ll suffer some injuries. Thankfully, most rear end car accidents only cause minor injuries. Some of these may include:
- Broken bones
- Back and neck injuries
- Wrist injuries
Although some of these can land you in the hospital, for the most part, you’ll be okay. You shouldn’t need surgery or physical therapy. But, if you do, your lawyer is going to fight to make sure the other driver pays for them.
Some of the damages your Las Vegas, Nevada car accident lawyer will demand include:
- Medical bills – The defendant will be responsible for your current and future medical bills.
- Lost wages – If you miss weeks or months from work, the defendant will have to pay these.
- Property Damage – If your car is damaged in the accident, you’ll be entitled to compensation.
- Pain and Suffering – If your injuries are more serious, you may be entitled to pain and suffering.
Your lawyer is going to work hard to make sure you receive the compensation you deserve.
Contact a Las Vegas Car Accident Attorney Today
If you get into a rear end collision, you need to call a Las Vegas car accident lawyer today. Your lawyer at Christian Morris Trial Attorneys can negotiate with the defendant’s insurance company to get your claim paid. And, if necessary, he can file a lawsuit on your behalf.
Call today and schedule your initial consultation. It’s absolutely free and you pay nothing until you settle your case.